Sunday 24 November 2013

Uh Oh - Fashion Crisis!

Posted by The Lace Box at 04:49
For the sake of it, I'm going to write a personal anecdote from when I was about 10 years old and stuck in a fashion pit. It's taken me a while to actually understand how to put together an outfit and there is one day I can remember very clearly - which my mum doesn't stop reminding me about! Only now do I look back and shudder at those painful days - when I was a youngster, I really would be happy shoving anything on and didn't care one bit about how I looked!

2008. Inset day. My mum had called me to ask whether I could help out at school and I willingly said yes. 'Hmm, what to wear?' I thought as I glanced through my wardrobe. There really wasn't much! (Of course there was, I just couldn't put two and two together to think that maybe something was hanging up on a radiator or folded on the side) so I literally saw my favourite white cargo three quarter lengths and a flimsy purple strappy top and though't that'll do. Purple and white, that's nice. I was genuinely proud of my assemble. You may be thinking, well that's not awful, but wait. It's coming

With 5 minutes left before I needed to go, I suddenly realised I really did have to have shoes on for the journey there (doh) so I thought I'll wear my navy/grey ugg boots, I knew that mum would be very proud of the consideration I had put into making sure my feet were toasty and warm. But remember the purple thin top? This is a cold + warm = what? and purple + navy/grey = areyoumad concoction.

With the sponge and the icing to ultimate perfection, I now had to add the cherry on top. May as well. A coat! Collecting my dark, dark blue duffle coat from the banister I was ready to strut the red carpet, in my opinion. To show you just how awful this outfit was, see this photo which I've made to see roughly how I looked.


You could even see my legs in the small gap between the boots and three quarter lengths - ha!
Chloe. xxx


0 comments:

 

chloanna Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos