Sunday 1 December 2013

A Hunter Wellies Tale: Muddy Ever After

Posted by The Lace Box at 10:01
Today's discussion topic: are Hunter wellies worth the buy? 

Sure they're quite expensive and being something I'd always wanted, I was sceptical whether they would live up to their reputation as being an every girl's must have as summer becomes autumn and sun becomes rain.

Since it was my birthday a few weeks ago, I decided I would try a pair of these wellies as the only pair I had were pink and purple polka dot. Nothing wrong with that, you may think, but they had holes in. Writing this, I realise another question may come into play: if so, what colour? I had told my mum I wanted them in red, seeing all the Pinterest posts of girls in their quirky plum wellington boots and umbrellas in the rain whilst on an old English street and frankly, I wanted that to be me!

And so the big day arrives, I open the package, and there are my Hunter wellies. I was so happy I didn't even think about the fact they were navy - I was just grateful I had got them! As the day proceeded, I slowly remembered how I had liked them in red and wondered whether I could return them for a pair of coloured ones, to which Mum had no problem with but replied...

"I think navy is more practical and goes with anything. After all, you don't want to be walking down the road where someone says 'hello!' and [mimics someone saying hello then noticing the intensely luminous red wellies] then looks straight down at your feet."

And that's where a mother's instinct comes in handy - there's nothing like a first hand fashion guru who's been there and done that to know what's right and what isn't. After a few days of pondering I tried them on, and when they fit perfectly I didn't want to take them off. The comfort, warmth and look of the wellies was too much to give up now! Deciding navy was for the best, and being slightly impatient, too, I kept them. I think I slowly fell in love with them - though not to the point where I slept in them. (That's another story, involving converse shoes...) Wellies in bed is not a common sight!

So, given the snug but comfortable fit, the stylish and practical look, the warmth and insulation they provide, I would give my Hunter wellies a 5/5 - and I haven't even splashed in a puddle with them yet!

Are Hunter wellies worth the buy? Yes they are!

Chloe. xxx

0 comments:

 

chloanna Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos