Friday 6 December 2013

I Hate Bobby Pins

Posted by The Lace Box at 14:26
It's as simple as that. I hate bobby pins. Even when I use about 4 in the same spot, one way or another they will bend or stretch or fall out during the day: doing not what they're supposed to, which is grip your hair and pin it in place!

Sometimes in the morning I fancy putting my hair in a purposely messy bun, or maybe a ponytail. But me, being one of those people with frustratingly annoying flicky bits of hair that you tuck round your ears, and then they pop up again, NEED pins for these hairstyles - otherwise I look like I have hair growing out my ears! It is frequently a wish of mine to have hair like some people who can pull out thin straight strands which frame their face. Although this need for pins comes with some inevitable facts:

Half the time I cannot find any bobby pins to even use. You buy a quite expensive pack of pins from Boots but somehow they end up going missing. You put some in your pockets, in fact, most in your pockets. Some end up on the floor in crevices, driving my mum crazy, and some, just seem to lose themselves!

I simply refuse to be one of those ranting bloggers who has nothing good to say, that isn't what I would like to be so fear not! This post has a point. I have found a solution to this bobby pin problem of mine, and the answer lies on the numerous shelves containing little trinkets belonging to none other than Accessorize itself.

If I could find a link to them I would, but they don't seem to be on the website so I will just have to provide a photo and a description of these magic-working wonders. For my birthday, my friend bought me some thick (verryy thick) hair slides and despite being patterned, they were quite ideal. They secured those annoying tufts of hair around my ears with only one pin needed (shock horror!) and pinned everything in place that I wanted to be pinned in place. Braided hair crown, you say? Why, these slides assure you of a neat and tucked hairstyle all day long! My friend bought me a miracle, and one I can't get enough of now!


Yes, they don't eliminate the fact that they can still get lost but who cares: they work! :) I finished the pack I received for my birthday after about three weeks but whilst in London the other day, I couldn't help but take a sneaky peak in Accessorize again and pick some more of these slides up. So, get rid of your everyday bobby pins and 'bob' yourself down to Accessorize for these convenient slides which basically do the job. You won't be disappointed! 

Chloe. xxx

0 comments:

 

chloanna Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos