Saturday 26 October 2013

Eyebrow Incidents

Posted by The Lace Box at 06:00
Don't get me wrong. Trying out new things and experimenting in life is good - most of the time.
But we all know that one time we plucked our own eyebrows and ended up with two... well, lines. Just me?

For the utmost well being of your face, I'm going to warn you how eyebrow plucking sometimes is a fatty concoction of grotesque foods, or simply a recipe for disaster.

About a year ago (I'm still recovering) I began plucking my own eyebrows, stealing my mum's tweezers every now and again seeking the perfect brow shape. Inspired by Emma Watson's brows, I started trying to pluck them to her exact shape, not considering whether we had the same face shape, face proportions etc. They were neat, but my, were they short.

Personally, I actually don't think they looked that bad. But when my mum came in and saw me, I remember the terrifying five words she then said which really scared me:
"Chloe... what have you done?"

Of course, I panicked immediately and started thinking of all the craziest ideas I had to get them back to their original shape but naturally there was nothing I could do, except let them grow back. If they did grow back.

It took days of intense mirror checking, measuring (yes, I went that far) and patience before they finally returned to their longer shape and thank God for that. The only and biggest mistake was how short they had been which only emphasized my long face and did it no justice at all.

All I'm saying is let mother nature do all the work when it comes to growing, your eyebrows will form how they should and your natural shape is almost always the one which suits you best. Don't do what I did and pluck them into oblivion because I assure you, like the ride, this can only end in tears and terror!

Unless, of course, in a past life you betrayed mother nature and karma, being a bitch, has come back to get you with a pre birthday gift of serious eyebrow shockers. In this case, pluck away!

Chloe. xxx

0 comments:

 

chloanna Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos