Wednesday 30 October 2013

My Daily Eye Makeup Routine

Posted by The Lace Box at 04:58
I will admit, I am a very frequent makeup user. Which can be a pain! But I do think it is nice to wear a bit of makeup. Nothing irks me more than when people say 'you've got enough makeup on' or 'you don't need any more' - I think however much people wear is up to them and if they feel confident and happy in it, then fine! Saying things like that is like pulling out the loose brick in the Jenga tower causing it to wobble and fall, in other words, can really knock someone's confidence. 

Although I do agree with less is more. I don't think it does much good caking your face in foundation or circling your eyes in thick black eyeliner. Instead, I think a nice gentle touch of powder where needed and a minor sweep of liner to emphasize your eyes can really do more. 

I introduce to you, my daily eye makeup routine. I do this more or less everyday (often without eyeliner which I only do if I have time) so am going to share it with you!


1) First, apply a generous coat of mascara to each eye. I use No7 Fanomenal Lashes (love the pun) and find this makes for a really even and clump-void well, fan of lashes. Focus on the outer corner and bottom lashes too - this opens up your eyes for a more even look! (pic 1) 

2) After step 1 I use a black liquid eyeliner (any one does the trick really, I can't name the one I use as the label rubbed off - great) and following your natural eye crease, apply a thin-getting-thicker line with a gentle, almost 'flick'. I only apply the eyeliner to the outer corner of my eye, not the whole lid! I do my eyeliner after my mascara as it can look different once you put your mascara on and mascara can cover it up if you do liner first, so this way you can clearly add it to your preference. (pic 2-6) 

3) Sometimes, I apply a tiny thin line of eyeliner to the outer corner of the waterline which can give your eye a really lovely shape and definition. Starting from just over half way, gently dab the liner on the waterline where it meets the lower lashes and proceed to just before the waterline stops, again getting thicker (but not too thick) as you go along. (pic 6) 

You can see each step as I go in the pictures (which yes, is my eye!) which should make each step clearer to follow. 

Try it out - it works for me so why should it not for you? 

Chloe. xxx 

0 comments:

 

chloanna Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos