Thursday 31 October 2013

Halloween: Hot or Not

Posted by The Lace Box at 09:15
If there's something strange going on outside, who you 'gonna call?

Not me! I'm out this evening at a much anticipated Halloween party so will be temporarily MIA - or that's what you think... 

After a great deal of pondering and putting our evil minds to the test, my friend and I came to the chillingly unique conclusion of going as a fallen angel and a vampire. With our costumes hanging up in the wardrobe, or should I say coffin of clothes, everything seemed on point for the moment the sun sets and the zombies come out to play. 

But like a superhero without his sidekick, what's a costume without make up? 
A great un-success. 

To inspire us in the looks department and hopefully you if you're out tonight - whether it be trick or treating or partying the night away - I've put together a photo collection of some Halloween make up do's and don't's. 


HOT

This make up made me tingle. The enlarged eyes and wooden nutcracker mouth has been so cleverly done without overdoing it at all, and is enough to make anyone cringe! This screams 'I'm going to haunt you in your nightmares whether you like it or not' and says watch out.




NOT 
Don't get me wrong: this is good. But for me, it's in the halfway house: almost there but not quite. The eyes are bold and big but dominate the face and Halloween is about all, or nothing. And this is neither! I would add bold red or cherry lips with a trickle of blood, as it's lacking in the scare factor too. This says effort.  



HOT

I'm sure we can all agree that even though it's Halloween, we don't exactly want to look like the living dead - we get enough of that each morning when we wake up and practically shatter the mirror. In other words, we still want to look pretty. But perhaps attractive is the right way of putting it: this make up is again, kept to a minimum but is effective and still holds the deep-pale-vampire mask. This says don't be fooled.

Whatever happens tonight, keep your pepper spray in one hand and your wits in the other. The key to a good night is fun, fright and staying alert! As long as you don't go knocking at number 13 something alley, what could go wrong?

I'll leave tomorrow morning to answer that. Happy Halloween!

Chloe. xxx

0 comments:

 

chloanna Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos