Saturday 12 October 2013

Tuesday's Tips & Treats

Posted by Unknown at 09:30
Different styles or methods suit different people but today I'm going to share a few of my tips that work best for me, and for the purpose of this post, you!

Rinse out conditioner with cold water 

You may have heard of this before but most likely it's gone in one ear and out the other. That was certainly the case for me. It wasn't until two weeks ago when my mum found out about this tip and decided to test it. Result: she loved it! Instantly buzzing about how soft her hair was, I couldn't help but hold the first hand proof that this works in my hands and give it a shot myself. 

I loved it too. I felt an immediate different in the softness of my hair and also how tame my hair was. The cold water must have reduced any flyaways unlike hot water, where the intensity and heat from the shower to your hair seems to frizz it up. Don't worry, there are no unturned pages when it comes to this trick: just do your usual conditioning routine/method and replace hot water with cold. 

I can imagine you're fretting and worrying that 'how on earth can I enjoy a shower when it's the equivalent of bathing in the Arctic Ocean?!' however there is simply no reason to worry! The heat from the hot shower water before conditioning will have warmed your body up inside and out, so chances are the cold will only act like a soft mint to the tongue and refresh your skin and act as a soft wake up call for your brain if your shower is first thing in the morning when the bird's start singing. 

Blow dry your hair completely

It's fine to strut your stuff in a hair turban after a shower, just not for too long! I find blow drying my hair leaves it totally straight and volumised and doesn't require any further straightening and will last until your next wash. Leave it long enough for the towel to soak in any major moisture but make sure your hair is still damp. To test this, squeeze your hair gently with your hands and it should still feel wet, just not dripping. Brush your hair through (this is easier and more pain-free if you used conditioner whilst washing it) and then comb it through (using a detangler if you must) to abolish all knots and then rack your hair dryer up to full blast and maximum heat. 

If your hair is thick like mine, it may be easier to pull it forwards so that your two sections of hair rest on your shoulders. Make sure that your parting is in place too. Whilst brushing your hair through, point the nozzle of the hair dryer onto your hair still brushing it through and just work your way through each layer of hair until you cannot feel any damp at all. 

It is important that your hair is bone dry because if any part of your hair is still damp it will dry naturally and wave, which is not what you're after if you want totally straight hair. This tip is brilliant and since I started doing this after every wash I haven't stopped. NOTE: even if it rains, your hair shouldn't return to it's natural state but instead curl softly. This is what happens to mine but I'm sure it depends on the thickness and texture of your hair. 

In my case, I cannot fault these tips! 

Enjoy teasing your friends with your secret to flawless hair! 

Chloe. xxx

0 comments:

 

chloanna Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos